Wednesday 16 May 2012

What A Day and it isn’t over yet

 

 

Had so much to do today I decided to get up at 5am and start early before Mum was awake, well as most well laid plans this one went awry, most of the work I had to do was on the Internet, I turned on my Computer and NO INTERNET!!!!! rang the BT helpline to be told there was a fault in my area, they hoped to have it corrected and up and running by Midday, well I had a bit of a “throwing dummy out of the pram” moment then decided I might as well make the most of the time and do some dreaded housework (excuse my swearing).  Was just bleaching the kitchen worktop when I heard the most horrendous noise from a Blackbird sitting on the fence,  when I went out to investigate my lovely kind, soft little Rosie had turned into a TIger and was staking out their nest which had 3 babies in it, I spent nearly an hour trying to get her in all the while The Mum and Dad blackbirds were mobbing me.  Managed to save the babies and get her in.  Will not bore you with it but the day has just gone from bad to worse, but at last I am up in my craftroom and ready to craft.

 

I made this card last night using a Wee Digi image I have had for ages, I coloured her with Spectrum Noirs on Neenah Classic Card, decided to be a bit different this time and instead of Glittering her Wings I decided to glitter the dress.  The papers which have been torn and distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink is from Pion Designs.  I have used a Heatfelt Designs Swirl Stamp available from J & C Creations and a sentiment from Lili of the Valley direct to the paper and inked with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.  The Flowers are from Wild Orchid Craft

 

Spectrum Noirs Used:

Greys: IG3, IG2, IG1

Blues: BT3, BT2, BT1

Greens: LG3, LG2, LG1

Hair: EB7, EB2, EB1

Flesh: FS9, FS4, FS2, CR3

Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of your day

Hugs

Jacs xxx

14 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Lovely card Jacqui, hope you have a better afternoon..

Hugs Kelly

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

Oh dear, I guess the day can only get better.... The card is absolutely gorgeous, love the digi and the whole thing, really nice :)
so chin up, enjoy your crafting time and forget all the troubles...
big hugs,
mickymunchkin

julie_woolston said...

Oh dear Jacqui not a good start to the day, any consolation I went to the hairdressers today and she was having the same sort of day too.

This card is gorgeous, lovely colours layout and image.

Hugs Julie x

Donna said...

Oh Jacqui, I hate days like that! Hopefully things have calmed down a bit. Your card is beautiful as always, love all the sparkles. Have a relaxing evening. Hugs Donna x

Suzanne said...

aw, Jacqui, poor you. Hope it ends better than it started. Gorgeous card and I love that wee fairy x

Bernice said...

What a beautiful card Jacqui - I just love those colours. Sorry you've had such a frustratiing day - hope things have improved by now,
Bernice

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
typical when you have your day planned it all goes to pants! Totlly gorgeous card as always, beautiful colouring, lovely papers & design, sue,x

Scrappychick said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Annie said...

Hi Jacqui! catching up with you again .. .. internet allowing! more fabulous cards to browse too.
hugs, annie x

Sandra H said...

Oh dear what a day!! your card though is so lovely l love the glitter and your colouring is stunningly beautifully done to perfection:)x

lestim said...

Hi Jacqui, this card is beautiful the colouring is so delicate. Best wishes Lesley x

Fleur said...

Wow This is stunning, gorgeous colours and super details
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Not quite ready to say anything just yet, just need a minute to bask in it's loveliness... ahhhhhhhh, so so sweet Jacqui! Love the glittered dress! Gorgeous image, one of my favourite Sylvia Zets. Beautiful card, love it to bits. Hugs, Wends x

MagsB said...

Oh I hope your day got better! We have a sparrow's nest in our ivy hedge and though the local cats can't get at it they do like to hang around and upset the birds. (I'm tempted to ask the cats' owners' permission to throw cold water on them - I don't think that would be cruel?!)

Fabulous, fabulous card! I love that fairy to bits!

love Mags B x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...