Monday 7 May 2012

A Wonderful Grandma


Morning Peeps, these Bank Holidays confuse me, have been sitting here thinking its Sunday.  Are you all enjoying your Bank Holiday, bit cold isn’t it.   I have a question for you this morning does anyone now what yarn you use for crocheting tiny teddies someone has asked me to crochet one for them, I have found a pattern on the net but its American and just says Yarn so no idea whether its cotton or  what ply it is, I would be over the moon of someone knows what is best to use.

MDU1

I have been asked to make a Birthday Card for a Grandma using a Tilda Stamp so thought this new stamp would be ideal.  I have coloured her with Copics as usual using Neenah Classic Card, The papers are from the New Magnolia range available from Crafts U Love and Bunny Zoes Website.  The roses are made with sonme of the Checked backimg paper and cut with The Bitty Blossoms die by Spellbinders.  The Little tag tucked behind is Doo Hickey Do Hickey Vintage Tag die.  The Sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.


009

The Colours used for this image are:

Flesh: E13, E11, E00, E000, R30, E95
Trousers: E81, E34
Ribbon & Trouser Cuffs: R46, R05, YR02, YR01
Flowers: R46, R05, YR02, YR01, YR02, Y61, YG65, G94

I am entering this card in the Magnolia Down Under Challenge which is Make A Card with more than 1 fold

Don’t forget to pop over to J & C Creations Blog to be in with a chance of winning some delicious Penny Black Candy, it closed at Midnight tonight.

Hugs
Jacqui xxxx

13 comments:

Joey said...

Fabulous card Jacqui, love those papers, sorry cant help with the yarn. Joey x

Carol S. said...

Hi Jacqui, Firstly a very pretty card. Love it. For your teddy you can really use what yarn you like. 2ply wool or acrylic will make it quite small. So the thicker the ply, or double knit will make it a bigger bear. Also acrylic will not be as soft as wool. You can also use cotton but it will probably have a coarser finish. The size of the needle used will also govern the finished size and the thickness of the yarn you can use. If the needle is very small you won't be able to use a thick wool. Hope this helps. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That Tilda is wonderful Jacqui. I love the pedestal card. A thoroughly fabulous creation! I love the green ribbon just brings it all to life. The colours and papers are lush. I love those blooms too, must give them a go. Missed seeing you at the Ally Pally Show this year, so enjoyed speaking with you last year xxx

I don't know personally which yarn to use for your crochet, but I know which girlies will know... This shop opened up not so long ago in my neighbourhood and they're lovely ladies, so I'm sure would be happy to help... http://studio108.org/ Hope this helps x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This card is STUNNING.... I Love the layout and the colours you have used.. The embellishing is perfect too..

Sorry no idea about the yarn..

Hugs Kelly

Marjorie said...

Oh my word!! This is stunning hun..gorgeous image and you have done her proud with all those lovely flowers and embellishments..love how you colour...stunning!!
Enjoy the day..
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love the colours and the papers.
Lorraine x

Cordine said...

Gorgeous!!
Hugs
Cordine

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful Jacqui gorgeous detail and image.

I'm not sure about crochet but in knitting the smaller the ply the smaller the detail and I would think 2ply or below would be better for what you want, I hope this he;ps.

Hugs Julie xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

Stunning card Jacqui, love the image and how you've coloured her and all the details are beautiful x

Julie said...

Wow, just beautiful! Fab colouring and beautifully embellished! Juliexx

Bron said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the easel design and your sentiment in the middle. Tilda looks amazing too.
Thanks for joining and sharing with us at MDUC this week
Hugs from Bron xo

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous card Jacqui with those beautiful new Magnolia Papers! I love how you've created your flowers in the matching paper :) I'm also happy to say that I received some of these in the mail today from Bunny Zoes YAY!

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the More Than One Fold Challenge.

Sharon x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...